Carla Jean Neal is the 3rd woman to run for State Assembly District 5 since 1932.
(12 men and 2 women have served since 1932)
Carla is an Adjunct Community College Instructor and operates a Mobile Notary Public Business. She has degrees from Vermont Law School, San Jose State and Fresno State. She has lived in her home in Madera Ranchos since 1991, where she raised her wonderful college age daughter. She is a tireless advocate for economic, social and environmental justice, democracy and peace.
As a grassroots leader, Carla is determined to make California and the planet better.
She advocates for:
- Healthcare for All
- Quality Education for All
- A Stable, Sustainable and Strong Economy with Opportunity for All
- A Healthy Environment, including clean air, water and soil for ALL
- Healthy Communities and Affordable Housing
- Working Family Jobs, Main Street Business and Unions
- Fair Treatment of Immigrants
- Net Neutrality and Broadband in Rural Areas
- Tax Fairness and Justice
- Respect for our Diversity
- Sustainable Agriculture and Land Use
- Democracy, Equality, Human Rights and Voting Rights
- Protection of our Public Lands for Today and Tomorrow
- Combating Climate Change with Commonwealth Solutions
- Common sense Gun Safety and efforts to end Gun Violence for safer communities and public places.
California Young Democrats
California Nurses Association
California Federation of Teachers
Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
National Women’s Political Caucus
California Democratic Party
Healthcare for All
Progressive Democrats of America-CA – PDA-CA
California Parks and Recreation Society
Free Thought Equity Fund
US Post Office