Like the legend of Robin Hood and his merry men and women in Sherwood Forest, I will aim my bow to the target of forming a main street contract for the American people and business of this rural district. I support main street and our rural economies by:
- Jobs at living wages to reinvest in Americans and policies that help working families
- Equal access to quality, public education and job training
- Guaranteed healthcare for all
- a secure retirement, with the ability to retire in dignity
- affordable and sustainable housing and protection from hunger
- provide for a sustainable environment and the natural beauty and rights of nature
- protect and support tourism, the arts and music
- a just taxation system where corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share (close the corporate loophole in proposition 13), support fair trade and global peace
- affordable housing and rent controls when necessary
- work with and protect small and medium family farmers and their right to farm organically and locally
- I will listen to you —the people of Assembly District 5
- As a small business owner, I understand the challenges of operating a small business.
Please see the Rural California for more details on supporting our rural economies and middle class jobs.