Please find my answers to the Sacramento Bee’s Voter Guide questions at the links below. You can look up other candidates too.
- Most Doctors and Nurses suport a single-payer healthcare system because it will save lives.
- Business owners support a single payer system because it takes them out of the healthcare business and frees up capital for investment and encourages entrepreneurship.
- Individuals in the gig economy will have security and is good for business and will give California a competitive advantage.
- Healthy CA covers everybody, is a comprehensive plan including ALL medically necessary care, including: medical, vision, dental, hearing, and reproductive care- and you choose your provider. ( no more care restrictions), and saves Money.
Dr. Bill Honigman, M.D. will lead the discussion and there is a short film called Fix-It (see below if you cannot attend) and also meet candidates who want to represent you for Senate District 8, Tom Pratt and Carla Jean Neal, candidate for Assembly District 5 on why they each support healthcare for all Californians. Find more info on Healthy California at www.HealthyCA.org
Carla J. Neal for Assembly Italiano Dinner Party Fundraiser!
Please join us for a delightful Friday evening at an Italiano Dinner and Fundraiser with Carla Neal to discuss her campaign and share in conversation and good company.
Purchase Tickets on Act Blue or at the Door.
Joshua Elder, MD sums up our thoughts well. Please take a moment to watch and listen.
Thank you for your endorsement California Labor Federation. I stand with you In Solidarity and for middle class jobs to bring equal access to economic opportunity for working men and women! Prevailing wages, working conditions and fair & living wages based on the economy, really are important values to the people all over Assembly District 5.
People want to bring labor’s good jobs to the area and more prominently into our nine counties that primarily consists of main street businesses, education, law enforcement, healthcare, tourism & agricultural sectors. Our district needs the work, solidarity and benefits of working families here in rural California with affordable housing, sustainable infrastructure, quality education and training, Cal-Fire safety & fire regime, justice jobs, healthcare for all, public groundwater banking, transportation and so much more.
We need jobs that are stable and well paying for everyone and to make sure that our kids won’t have to move away to prosper economically. I look forward to working with all the unions to make this happen, if elected. Thank you again for the vote of confidence of endorsement and I hope to be your champion in the legislature!
Choose your Candidate on the ballot in the June 5th, 2018 Primary and choose again from the same two candidates in the General Election November 6th, 2018.
I need your vote in both elections, so I can help you and be the change, on important issues that matter to all.
I definitely want to hear from you, on what you feel is important.
Let’s work together for a better California.
What am I running for? You!
I believe that three of the most important issues we face are:
- Making sure that everyone has access to a first class public education, regardless of social or financial circumstance/situation;
- Restructuring the economy for benefit of working families so there will be good paying jobs for everyone and making sure that our kids won’t have to “move away” to prosper economically;
- Reforming politics by getting big money out and cleaning up gridlock and corruption.
I will listen to you. I will work with you to build upon our shared values, values that have made America the world leader that it has been in our common dreams and prosperity. We will work together to foster peace and make all people’s lives better by:
- providing quality, affordable healthcare for all;
- building a strong, shared local economy;
- ensuring that our environment is strong and healthy;
- restoring our forests and wildlands;
- protecting our communities from wildfire by restoring a natural fire regime to our forests and wildlands;
- ensuring clean water and air for all;
- working together to build vibrant, sustainable communities that will work for all;
- providing for the disadvantaged, including the disabled, seniors, and the unemployed or underemployed, and the homeless;
- providing strong protections for civil and human rights; Constitution and bill of rights of the people with justice, progress and compassion
- working together to ensure that everyone pays their fair share of tax
- working to bring sustainable and affordable housing so our children can afford to live and work in our region and the homeless are also able to find a home and community services for health and jobs.
Lastly, but not least, I will strive to protect our public lands, which are more than 60% of Assembly District 5 in California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains, by combating Climate Change so that tourism, camping and the enjoyment of the outdoors, which is a large part of our state’s economy, stays strong as possible.
Our public land needs the benefit of scientists and healthy forest ecosystems and a representative who is going to ensure sustainability. This district provides the water for much of the state, including our largest cities, such as San Francisco, and also for our farms and ranches.
I believe there is no freedom when only the few prosper!
Let’s work together for a better California!
Vote Carla J Neal June 5th & November 6th
Dear Fellow Democrats,
There is no question about it. I need name recognition in your counties. By the 6th of November, I hope to be on the minds of 150,000 voters throughout the nine counties of Assembly District 5. This is a daunting task, but I have got great supporters which will make all the difference in my campaign.
Here’s what I need from all of you:
Those who can afford to by a small yard sign ($16.00), please order one or more on my website link below and make a $16.00 donation.
- If you want to order a medium (4×4@ $50 ea.) or larger (4×8 @$85 ea.) sign, then call me or Steve (559) 286-5788, signs are made at our union printer. We will deliver signs to your County Democratic Headquarters with permission or to your address with wooden posts upon request.
- In order to avoid the possibility of theft and vandalism, I need assistance in locating private property where the owner will allow the large signs to be posted, but which is also highly visible and trafficked areas within major towns in each county. Please send “LARGE SIGN IDEAL LOCATION” information you may have with a general description and/or address and contact information to my email at email@example.com
- In some cases, I may need help putting up larger signs, and so I am developing a team of volunteers with a truck and tools for putting posts and signs up in secure areas.
Thank you for helping to make my name more visible to all potential voters, and come November let’s flip AD 5 and turn it BLUE!
The California Democratic Party has endorsed Carla J. Neal as the Parties Candidate for the 5th Assembly District.