Women are 51% of the population, yet in the United States, women hold only 19% of elected positions in local, state and federal office. It’s time to get involved, to share a more equitable future for our daughters.
I support women candidates and women’s rights in particular. I join many women and our daughters (and men and our sons who support women’s rights) in the necessary fight for these core issues:
- Passage of the Federal Equal Rights Amendment
- Unrestricted Reproductive Choice (and right to privacy). I am strongly Pro-Choice on a woman’s moral right to decide as she chooses what to do with her own body and life; if decided necessary, a safe abortion, with medical doctors, as allowed under the law Roe v. Wade.
- Access to Quality and Affordable Childcare and Public Education (PreK-12 & beyond) as a human right
- Comparable Pay for Work of Comparable Worth = Equal Pay, CA Paid Family Leave
- Eliminating Sexual Harassment and Violence against Women
- Ending discrimination based on age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, marital or socioeconomic status and disability.
- I support Healthcare (affordable care, access and comprehensive coverage for all as core human right).
- I also support the right to marry, who you love, regardless of sexual orientation.
I have enjoyed participating in the Women’s Marches the last few years.
I support Eleanor Roosevelt’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights for all people. http://www.humanrights.com/voices-for-human-rights/eleanor-roosevelt.html